[exim] Exim and libmysqlclient.so

Author: ROGERS Richard
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim and libmysqlclient.so
Hi -

just upgraded from the Exim 4.62 RPM package on the Fedora "extras" site
to the 4.63 package on ATrpms (we are running Fedora Core 5). Two issues
arose with libmysqlclient.so, neither of which seems to be a show
stopper but would be nice to get to the bottom of...

1. On attempting to install the package I got an error

error: Failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) is needed by
exim-4.63-26.fc5.at.i386

although libmysqlclient.so.15 is present in /usr/lib/mysql

I got past that by installing with rpm -i --nodeps

2. On starting exim the following error is shown

Starting exim: /usr/sbin/exim: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15: no
version information available (required by /usr/sbin/exim)
                                                           [  OK  ]

And indeed exim appears to be running OK.

At present I don't need to make anty direct SQL calls out of Exim, so if
it's running without this functionality I can live with that for now.

I would like to understand what these messages mean and how I can fix
the issues though...

Thanks and regards

Richard
--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.