Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> From my interpretation exim is behaving wrong. envelope_to_add should
> only add the address that lead to the delivery to each final mailbox,
> but not all recipients from the original envelope, even ones not leading
> to a delivery to this mailbox.

It is supposed to work as you expect. I recall some very hairy
programming for cases when addresses that have complicated addressing
arrangements and duplicates are involved.

> I just checked it again. exim really adds _all_ addresses, even if the
> delivery is done to different mailboxes and different domains.

You will have to post your routers and perhaps a debug run, because the
Exim test suite already has one test that shows this working correctly
(4 recipients, two deliveries, each delivery having the relevant 2
recipients). So it is not trivial to recreate what is happening in your
environment.