Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On 12/6/06 4:26 AM, "Chris Lightfoot" <chris@???> wrote:

> Your definition of `operator' here includes the remote
> user whose mailbox is full, but it shouldn't; a situation
> which will be corrected in due course by the normal action
> of the receiving user reading their mail isn't usefully
> described as `requiring operator intervention' in this
> context. Under normal circumstances a retry will
> (eventually) succeed, because the user will reduce their
> disk usage to get back under quota.

After they get back from the round-the-world cruise which they are wise
enough to not wish to interrupt with email reading. For me as a human
sender, that's too long for "eventually". I want to know that my message
has failed. (And I don't want to be told every few days that some server is
still trying it. The party to which I'm inviting the recipient has
happened.)

--John