Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?

Autor: John Robinson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] why multiple recipients in Envelope-To header?
On 07/12/2006 23:17, I wrote:
> If a message is arriving in multiple mailboxes at your site, all using
> the appendfile transport, why wouldn't it handle several at once?

Actually I can answer that myself: because exim can't setuid to several
different users at once. If your deliveries are to virtual users all
with the same uid, the transport may make several deliveries, but if
your deliveries are to real users with different uids, exim will fork
and setuid for each one, so the transport will be run separately for
each one.

Cheers,

John.