Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS

Author: Chris Lightfoot
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users, Martin A. Brooks, Anthony de Boer
Subject: Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 01:10:59PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
    [...]

> It varies. Since I do front end spam filtering when a spam makes it
> through it looks like I'm a spam source. I've also been blacklisted for
> sender verification.

The former is disappointingly common, with Yahoo being
particularly troublesome. Of course, large ISPs have
little incentive to permit forwarding to addresses they
host, and lots not to, so it's hardly surprising that they
use their position to discourage it. Sadly the best
solution I can find is to sacrifice an IP address to be
the source of forwarded mail, so that at least when the
idiots blacklist you it doesn't affect non-forwarded mail.

--
``Any time you skip a commercial, you're actually stealing the programming.''
(Jamie Kellner, of television station Turner Broadcasting)