[exim] Local Delivery Delay

Author: TBC
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Local Delivery Delay
Hi All...

1st, sorry for my english, i´m brazilian.

I´m a list newbe and I currently having some problems with high load average and delay in local queue delivery.

I´m using the Atmail solution from Calacode with is a complete exim 4.6.0 + webmail solution. Our scenario is 4 machines:

Machine 1 - Acts as Maildir + Mysql Database

Machine 2 - Acts as Frontend (SMTP - POP3 - IMAP - Webmail)

Machine 3 - Acts as Frontend (SMTP - POP3 - IMAP - Webmail)

Machine 4 - Acts as Frontend (SMTP - POP3 - IMAP - Webmail)

Each machine has a public ip address and a private ip address with is used to mount the nfs from Machine 1 and to perform mysql queries in the machine 1.

During the day I have peaks of high load average in both machines, because a lot of messages from @world to @myclientdomais stucks on mailque. Example:

47m 6.3K 1Gry6i-0004k4-8m <user@???>

          localuser@???

Why a local message isn't immediately delivered to NFS maildir? Please any help will be very appreciated.

Best regard´s

Tullio