Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Autor: Chris Lightfoot
A: John Burnham
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 11:08:29AM -0000, John Burnham wrote:
> > > But surely the point being made is that it up to the person
> > running the server
> > > as to whether they regard the error to be permanent or temporary ?
> >
> > no.
>
> Is that "No, it's not up to the server admin as to whether they regard a problem
> as permanent or temporary" ? In which case, I'm afraid I must disagree with you.

go and read the bit of the RFC on what is a temporary
error and what is permanent. obviously nothing requires
mail servers to obey the RFC, but it's a useful starting
point.

--
``Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists
or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.''