Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim-users, Martin A. Brooks
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> The classic example is errors indicating that the user's
> mailbox quota is overrun. This is of course a temporary
> error, not a permanent one,

How do you know it is a temporary error? Or perhaps that "temporary"
might mean "for the next 3 months while the owners is away"? Or that,
as happens on our servers, the local server has in fact already been
holding on to the message for a number of days but the mailbox is still
full? When we have sent you a 550 (after several days), we would rather
you did not try again, thank you.