Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Karl Schmidt, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>

--On 5 December 2006 15:36:19 -0600 Karl Schmidt <karl@???> wrote:

> Somehow I think my point was missed - the real reason they were blocking
> is that the sending server doesn't have port 25 open to the public! The
> sending server was also not the MX server. (The helo was/is just fine -
> they just can't get it except from our MX listed server). They are not
> doing a callback based on the MX record, but instead on the sending IP.
> They evidently don't use spf records either.
>
> I understand why they are doing this - it just is not in the RFCs (yet?).
> In a way I agree with them - there needs to be some system of
> authentication between MTA to MTA communications. There really needs to
> be a new standard - I hope it isn't left to M$ to set it.

Then I guess they must be whitelisting the mail servers of most email
users. Hotmail, for example, don't have smtp listeners on their sending
MTAs. Frankly, you've not provided any evidence for what you claim, and I
think that the fix you put in place had some side effect that fixed the
real problem.

> Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@???
> Transtronics, Inc.                   WEB http://xtronics.com
> 3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
> Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex