Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Marc Perkel wrote:

> > You seem t ohave misunderstood my suggestion.
> >
> > 1. Propogation delays aren't a factor for new records, only if
> > you're changing a currently existing record, or the querying
> > server has cached the NXDOMAIN.
> >
> > 2. YOU can add a subdomain of one of YOUR domains, and point the MX
> > to the target.
> >
> > 3. If their box accepts based on MX, it should be ready to test seconds
> > after you've pointed the test domain to them.
> >

> I think you're not quite graping the problem.

<blank stare>

> The target server starts
> rejecting email that it is not the lowest MX for. But if you change the
> MX and it's in the cache of the target server then the target server
> will continue to work thinking it is the lowest MX. So for a few hours
> it works. Then the cache wears off and it realizes it's not the lowest
> MX so it starts bouncing email.
>
> Geberally the message is "You are not authorized to relay mail through
> this server".

One assumes you have more than a few hours notice.

. point a test domain's mx to target
. send test messages, if it accepts you know it uses MX for provisioning
domains
. remove mx

What part of the above doesn't work to identify servers
that consider a domain provisioned if the MX points to
it? Once you've identified it as such, you KNOW you want
to tell the customer to make sure their productions domains
are still accepted when the MX moves to your service.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC