Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Many of these people have no idea what an MX record is. They have a
> hosting company that does it for them. And the other problem is that the
> MX takes time to propagate so the target server will work for a few
> hours before rejecting the email.

You seem t ohave misunderstood my suggestion.

1. Propogation delays aren't a factor for new records, only if
you're changing a currently existing record, or the querying
server has cached the NXDOMAIN.

2. YOU can add a subdomain of one of YOUR domains, and point the MX
to the target.

3. If their box accepts based on MX, it should be ready to test seconds
after you've pointed the test domain to them.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC