Re: [exim] Compiling and using exim with LDAP on Solaris wi…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Bannocks
CC: exim-users, Christian Kuehn
Subject: Re: [exim] Compiling and using exim with LDAP on Solaris withSolarios LDAP libraries
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Robert Bannocks wrote:

> But at no point latter in the code is the reference dealt with

Well, I'm afraid I'm no LDAP expert. Most of the code in ldap.c is
contributed (though I've tidied up some of it). As I quoted from the
ChangeLog:

> > 54. The LDAP lookup was not handling a return of
> >     LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE. A patch that reportedly fixes this has
> >     been added.

It seems as though the patch didn't fix all of it. If someone sends me
another patch I'll be happy to consider it (though not for 4.64, unless
it is *very* small, because I'm wrapping that one up). I don't have the
knowledge (or the testing facilities) to try to fix this myself. Or, at
the moment, any time to do the necessary research or figure out how one
might test this. (I really don't understand LDAP much at all.)