Re: [exim] Compiling and using exim with LDAP on Solaris wi…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Bannocks
CC: exim-users, Christian Kuehn
Betreff: Re: [exim] Compiling and using exim with LDAP on Solaris withSolarios LDAP libraries
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Robert Bannocks wrote:

> The problem turned out to be that Exim cannot handle references coming
> back from the AD ldap servers.

Which release of Exim? The headers in your message suggest that you are
using 4.22.

> I hope fixing this is down on the TO-do list for exim.

The ChangeLog for 4.50 contains this entry:

54. The LDAP lookup was not handling a return of
    LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE. A patch that reportedly fixes this has
    been added. I am not expert enough to create a test for it. This is
    what the patch creator wrote:

      "I found a little strange behaviour of ldap code when working with
      Windows 2003 AD Domain, where users was placed in more than one
      Organization Units. When I tried to give exim partial DN, the exit
      code of ldap_search was unknown to exim because of
      LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE. But simultaneously result of request
      was absolutely normal ldap result, so I produce this patch..."

    Later: it seems that not all versions of LDAP support
    LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ REFERENCE, so I have modified the code to exclude
    the patch when that macro is not defined.

If you are in fact using 4.50 or later, then it would seem that this
patch is not working.

General Note to The List: Please try to get into the habit of stating
which Exim version you are using. It does make it easier to respond.