[exim] macro headache

Author: Andrew
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] macro headache
Hi Everyone,

I have a series of .ifdef MACRO in my config file. In the transport
section I have a pipe which passes the message to another exim setup
(with different macros...) - In this case, the setup will simply place
the message in a specified queue directory.

eg:
my_pipe:
driver = pipe
use_bsmtp
log_output = true
command = /usr/sbin/exim4 -C /etc/exim/configure -DMACRO2 -bS -od

Anyhow, the problem is that macro's are only applied when exim is run by
root... However root is in the fixed_never_users list (and I don't like
using root for obvious reasons.

Any suggestions on how to apply macro's as a non-root user without
recompling?

(I'm running exim on debian 3.1)

Perhaps an alterative for me... Is there an easier way to defer to queue
(without piping the message back through exim in queue only mode?)

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Andrew.