Re: [exim] REPOST: Possible TLS weakness in Exim? (to be not…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hill Ruyter
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] REPOST: Possible TLS weakness in Exim? (to be noticed with Opera and Exim 4.50 from Debian stable)
Hi

Without understanding what is or isn't possible in your code I would like to
make a suggestion

If you can make it possible for administrators to choose then please do and
give options in the following increments :

768
1024
2048
4096

People who want low processing overhead and are not hugely bothered by
security will probably like the 1024 option

Slightly more paranoid businesses who are concerned about the data
transmitted are beginning to migrate to 2048 key lengths
Government will use 2048 or 4096 depending on the classification of
information and transmission medium used for the data

"[Bruce Schneier recommends] 1280 bits through 2005 for individuals, 1536
for corporations, and 2048 for governments. "

If however it is not possible to give options then 1024 is considered
safe-ish for the moment 2048 would be preferred if it does not cause too
high a processing overhead.

Kind regards

Hill Ruyter