Re: [exim] in exim wheer can we set the maximum attachment s…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] in exim wheer can we set the maximum attachment size
Deepak

On 04/12/2006 10:28, Deepak Kapoor wrote:
> if the size is set to a smaller size on other servers then will the
> email be sent with the attachment or we'll receive some email error if
> we are going to get some error what will it be

If you configure your server to accept large messages, and one of your
users sends out a (say) 100MB message, anything could happen.

As you likely have no control over the recipients' mail servers, they
are free to reject the message for any reason they like, including size.
The error you get back depends entirely on what the remote server(s) is
(are) configured to say, and is not in any way predictable [0].

Graeme

[0] Mostly predictable, yes, although I did once get a collateral spam
bounce telling me to "F*** off, your message is not welcome here".
Charming, I'm sure!