[exim] update 39.5? doc confusion slowed me down when trying…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Brad Langhorst
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] update 39.5? doc confusion slowed me down when trying to fixmessages being frozen when they should just be rejected
I am running exim 4.3

I have the following lines in my acl for rcpt

  accept
    domains = +local_domains
    endpass
    message = unknown user
    verify = recipient

I expect that to reject the message ... but it ends up frozen in my
queue.

This bit in 39.5 got me all confused

        You cannot test the contents of the message, for example, to
        verify addresses in the headers, at RCPT time or when the DATA
        command is received. Such tests have to appear in the ACL that
        is run after the message itself has been received, before the
        final response to the DATA command is sent. This is the ACL
        specified by acl_smtp_data, which is the second ACL that is
        associated with the DATA command.

I thought from reading that that I needed to move my check to verify
valid recipients to the acl for data instead of rcpt - but that's wrong.
What is that paragraph supposed to mean? Apparently a recipient is not a
"address in the header". Maybe it's referring to an IP address...

It turned out that I needed to add a check_local_users line to my
amavis router so that verification would fail properly.

brad