Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Evans
A: Karl Schmidt
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] bogus? helo godaddy --- <not!>
On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 04:11:38PM -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> We were having a problem with godaddy blocking our emails. They claimed we were
> returning a bogus helo ...
> (they never saw a helo - so how could it be bogus) and you might also get a
> grin out of the RFC they quoted.

If you're sending mail (i.e. you are an SMTP client), you will be sending a
HELO/EHLO command (since RFC2821 requires it). Are you sure that the command
you're sending is syntactically valid, and well-chosen?

> > 1. bogus helo
> >
> > This means that the sending email server connected to our mail server
> > and said "HELO [their IP]". RFC 1132 says that the HELO ("hello")
> > message should contain "a valid principal host domain name for the
> > client host".
>
> [RFC 1132 = A Standard for the Transmission of 802.2 Packets over IPX Networks
> .. Don't understand why they sited this??]

I think they mean RFC1123, "Requirements for Internet Hosts". Pay particular
attention to section 5.2.5.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet