Re: [exim] Very weird e-mail problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stanislaw Halik
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Very weird e-mail problems
On Fri, Dec 01, 2006, Patrick - South Valley Internet wrote:
> It appears it has something to do with the box that Postfix is on. The
> load averages on that box were up to 8.00 yesterday, and now they are
> around 1.60, but that's still a little high. I'm not sure what's wrong
> with the box, but it appears it has something to do with that.

Unix loadavg isn't that good an indicator of high load. It means that
there were N running (or waiting to run) processes, samples taken every
5 seconds and an average pulled out from them from last 1, 5 and 15
minutes.

Machines running lots of processes being low on CPU often have higher
loadavg than a machine that runs one process all the time, without
sleeping in syscalls.

Anyway, high load average doesn't cause the mail queue to break. If
Postfix says the message was delivered and it wasn't, try getting
support from a Postfix supplier.

--
Unix stuff      :: http://tehran.lain.pl
Yet Another RBL :: http://rbl.lain.pl