Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] web bugs
On 11/30/06 10:19 AM, "jean-paul natola" <jnatola@???> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I should post to the Exim list or the SA list-
> Excuse me if its not the correct list-
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to either strip away, or totally block
> messages that have "web bugs" that report back to servers like
> www.readnotify.com

We offer the option to strip HTML out of incoming messages (converting it
somewhat well if there is no plain text MIME part). As a sub option, we
either do or do not attach the original HTML so that the recipient can read
it if desired. Not many of our users use the option.

For myself, I have set Apple's Mail program (which I don't use for this
list) to "prefer plain text" for my personal accounts. One can still see
the HTML part by asking Mail for the "next part".

--John