Re: [exim] Very weird e-mail problems

Author: Tim Wilde
To: Patrick - South Valley Internet
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very weird e-mail problems
Patrick - South Valley Internet wrote:
> Okay, reading up on Exim, I tried to resend everything in the queue using:
>
> exim -q -v
>
> And I got a bunch of these:
>
> LOG: queue_run MAIN
> Start queue run: pid=3520
> delivering 1GqBX7-0004ZP-Cd (queue run pid 3520)
> LOG: retry_defer MAIN
> == enyedy@??? <postmaster@???> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp
> defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

What you need to do is force delivery on one of these messages, with
debugging output enabled, and see what's going on (or look in the logs,
but it is probably easier just to force the message through). Try:

exim -d -M 1GqBX7-0004ZP-Cd

to force that particular message ID to be delivered (replace the message
ID with another that's still there if that one has left the queue by
now). If you can't figure out the problem from the output, send it to
the list, so that we can try to help you decipher it.

Regards,
Tim Wilde