Re: [exim] Adding New Email Accounts Unix

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Adding New Email Accounts Unix
altendew wrote:
> I currently have over 50 sites, for each site I would like to add a new
> e-mail called return@???
>
> Is there anyway too add an e-mail account from the command line in Unix?
> Because as of right now I would have to use cpanel and login to each
> individual account.
>
> Thanks

Several.

But you have not specified ...

A) If all 50+, or some several subsets, are on the same/multiple servers.

B) *Where* you keep the 'other' user information.

In the simplest case, IF all are on the same server and IF one person
(yourself?) is to deal with the traffic, all you need to do is add a single
entry to the system alias file, eg /etc/aliases on Unix, or wherever your flavor
of Linux keeps the equivalent:

return : <some valid on or off box email address> , <another valid..>

That will effectively 'wildcard' all domains the server accepts for, but all to
the same address(es).

Otherwise, the CLI, via ssh or local, can also:

- invoke an editor to create a script that will add that user to multiple
per-domain flat files

- manually edit one or more such files.

- run a unix tool (man sed) that can do so for a tree full of them.

- add records to any of several types of DB or cdb database

- add records to any of several types of SQL DB...

Basically, if it can be done at all, it can be done with a Unix CLI either
directly or with help from a very rich set of tools.

To a large extent, that is what web-based or CPanel type tools do under the
covers anyway.

HTH,

Bill