Re: [exim] quota update

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] quota update
Alex wrote:
> If I change de quota into my database, exim not updates the maildirsize
> file, I need to delete the file.

(replies to the list, please!)

Well, you're not giving us many clues to go on, here.
But from a wild guess about what you may have written in
your exim config (which you haven't shown us) - yes. Exim
doesn't detect a change in quota once the maildirsize
file is present, it just uses what's recorded in the
file.

You probably need to have the function that updates your
DB entry for a quota to also trigger an external action
to delete the maildirsize file, so that Exim re-creates it.
How best to do this depends on your DBMS - it could involve
triggers, it could involve functions, it could involve an
auxiliary "this user's quota changed" table which is scanned
by a cronjob.

- Jeremy