Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ben Wheare
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation
Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:51:59PM +0000, Ben Wheare wrote:
>> Could I do this:
>> [in transport]
>> maildir_format
>> directory = /maildirs/${lookup
>> ldap{ldap:///mailalias=$local_part,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=net?userid}}/
>> ?
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't test it yet as we're still in the process of
>> setting LDAP up here, I just want to be sure I know how to sort Exim out
>> first.
>
> Given that you probably want to also enable access to that mailbox for
> Joe Bloggs :) you might wish to extend your thinking to using something like
> pam_ldap for authentication and authorization on the mail server, so that
> you could simply get the users and their home directories via PAM, and leave
> it to appendfile driver's 'create_file = belowhome' option to worry about that.
> Of course, if you'll only let them use the mail server e.g. via a web
> frontend which will also use LDAP directly, then that's probably needless.

Thanks for the thought, but its solely for virtual users. What we're
trying to build is a Samba PDC and mail server, all for virtual users,
that will only have access to that.
Only 2/3 people will have access to the server itself, and that'll be
via standard /etc/passwd, adduser etc. Yeah, I'm sure we could do it all
via LDAP, but we are all learning it as we go along, so trying to keep
it simple at first :)