Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation

Autor: Josip Rodin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:51:59PM +0000, Ben Wheare wrote:
> Could I do this:
> [in transport]
> maildir_format
> directory = /maildirs/${lookup
> ldap{ldap:///mailalias=$local_part,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=net?userid}}/
> ?
>
> Unfortunately I can't test it yet as we're still in the process of
> setting LDAP up here, I just want to be sure I know how to sort Exim out
> first.

Given that you probably want to also enable access to that mailbox for
Joe Bloggs :) you might wish to extend your thinking to using something like
pam_ldap for authentication and authorization on the mail server, so that
you could simply get the users and their home directories via PAM, and leave
it to appendfile driver's 'create_file = belowhome' option to worry about that.
Of course, if you'll only let them use the mail server e.g. via a web
frontend which will also use LDAP directly, then that's probably needless.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.