Re: [exim] Explanation of the working of verify = sender

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave Evans
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Explanation of the working of verify = sender
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:15:19PM -0000, paul.mcilfatrick@??? wrote:
> A final sender verify check in the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL is causing me some
> problems.
>
>         warn    hosts           =       +company_relays
>                 logwrite        =       Checking the sender address
> '$sender_address'.
> #               !verify         =       sender
>                 !verify         =       sender/callout
>                 logwrite        =       Checking the sender address
> '$sender_address'.

> The verify always succeeds, both using sender and sender/callout, with
> the first logwrite being written but the second logwrite is never
> reached. Some of the e-mail addresses that are being verified look very
> dubious and I am surprised they pass.

The verify could be (and probably is, for a lot of spam) deferring - check
your reject log for "Could not complete sender verify callout", "sender verify
defer" etc. If the verify returns "defer", your ACL will immediately defer,
hence you won't see the second log line.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet

PGP key: http://powernet.co.uk/~davide/pgpkey