Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Robinson
Para: Ben Wheare
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] LDAP lookup and cocanation
On 29/11/2006 14:31, Ben Wheare wrote:
> Email is delivered to joe.bloggs@domain (the form firstname.surname@domain)
>
> I want Exim to receive this mail, do an LDAP lookup for the record that
> matches firstname=joe AND surname=bloggs and return the field
> userid=jbloggs, so that I can deliver mail to the maildir
> /maildirs/{userid}/.
>
> I've got it delivering mail to maildirs, and creating the maildirs on
> the fly, using a a file and lsearch. What I want to do now is extend
> that to LDAP and firstname.surname expansion.
>
> Anyone have any pointers?

Can't help with that - apart from pointing you to the documentation at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html#SECTldap
- but unless your organisation is very small and you're absolutely sure
you'll never have 2 "Joe Bloggs", you probably want to be using
something else e.g. look up mailalias="joe.bloggs" to find
userid=jbloggs, so the second Joe Bloggs can get
mailalias="joe.bloggs.too" and userid=jbloggs2 or whatever.

Cheers,

John.