Re: [exim] [OT] an automated spam filtering technique

Autor: David Saez Padros
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] [OT] an automated spam filtering technique
Hi !!

> I run my spamtrap mail through procmail, then it is sent to mimedump
> which extracts text/plain parts to it. I might create an automated
> script which creates SpamAssassin rulesets from popular spam phrases,
> then update SA configs the same way I do for other rulesets. Fully
> automated, not needing any human intervention whatsoever.

how do you build your list of 5-word sentences that are included
multiple times ?

> Any comments or criticism?

one good way will be to also serach for common html patterns (for
image spam)

> Only vulnerability I can think of is spammers
> poisoning the results via non-spammy phrases

when they do so they usually use random phrases to fool bayes filters
so it's very difficult to get coincident phrases.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53