[exim] Greylistd

Autor: gascione
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Greylistd

We have started using greylistd for a week now and have seen a dramatic
drop in accepted SPAM mail. About 95% at last count.

We run a very different config from the default. We greylist for 2
minutes, delete triplets that don't retry after 2 hours, and delete
verified retries after 24 hours.

The defaults are 15 minutes, 8 hours, and 60 days.

These parameters seem to be working fine. No client complaints and
excellent kill ratio. Anyone have an opinion on why we should or should
not run these reduced config parameters?

We delete verified retries after 24 hours because the states and
triplet files get into the MB range. Any reason to care about that?

GA

--
gascione
gascione's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=112