Re: [exim] Sender Verify

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Marc Perkel, Mark Nipper
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender Verify

--On 28 November 2006 15:08:34 -0800 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> Mark Nipper wrote:
>> On 28 Nov 2006, Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> I have yet to fine the variable that contains the response. Does anyone
>>> know what variable that would be?
>>>

>>         All I can say is "wow".
>> ---
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch39.html#SECTaddr
>> essverification

>> After an address verification failure, $acl_verify_message
>> contains the error message that is associated with the failure.
>> It can be preserved by coding like this:
>>
>> warn  !verify = sender
>>        set acl_m0 = $acl_verify_message

>> If you are writing your own custom rejection message or log
>> message when denying access, you can use this variable to include
>> information about the verification failure.
>>

> That variable doesn't contain the rejection string returned by the other
> server. It's not the one I'm looking for.

Marc, you need to give us more help when asking questions. It would help
you to generate less incoming flak if you told us from the start how far
you've got in your own investigations. For example, you could say which
sections of the documentation you've read, and you could say what the
variable does contain.

My reading of the documentation is that it isn't clear on this. Reading
section 39.35 in conjunction with 39.31 suggests that maybe the fourth line
of $acl_verify_message contains the text that you want. However, you say it
doesn't contain that text. Well, tell us what does it contain?

I'd like to suggest that these two sections of the documentation should
cross reference each other, since it isn't obvious to me that my conclusion
is correct.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex