Re: [exim] Troubleshooting

Top Pagina
Auteur: Stephen Gran
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Troubleshooting
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 07:45:48PM -0500, jeff sacksteder said:
> I have Exim 4.60 as my local SMTP server at home. When I send a message in
> my MUA, there is a long delay when I send my message. After 30 seconds or
> so, I get a progress indicator showing my message being transferred and
> processed. Is this a known symptom of some common misconfiguration?

30 seconds sounds like either an ident query or a reverse dns lookup
timing out. tcpdump will tell you which problem you have, and searching
spec.txt for rfc1413_query_timeout and lookup (there could be global
options as well as options in the acl's for that one, sadly) will help
you turn off the problematic lookup.
|  Stephen Gran                  | You will attract cultured and artistic  |
|  steve@???             | people to your home.                    |