Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?

Author: John Robinson
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?
On 27/11/2006 23:32, Renaud Allard wrote:
> But I must admit being able to put a failover clamav server directly in
> exim conf would be great. After all, it's possible to put more than one
> SQL server.

Or indeed more than one SpamAssassin server. Unfortunately the syntax
for av_scanner uses colons, and existing configs might break if the
argument to av_scanner was changed to a list.

Umm, hang on, the docs (spec section 40.1) say that av_scanner is
expanded each time the malware condition is called, so it could expand
to different servers, which should help for load-balancing, but probably
not failover unless you were being clever.

Cheers,

John.