Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: Bryan Rawlins
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?

Bryan Rawlins wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> Thinking about how to do this. What I want to do is have more that one
>> host running clamav and have it so that if one is down you can have it
>> try a different host. Ideally it would be nice if you could put multiple
>> IP addresses on the av_scanner setting so that if the first failed to
>> connect you could try then next one(s).
>>

> Given current tools available I'd use LVS or one of it's children, since
> they give you the ability to load-balance and also have the ability to
> check if the service is responding built-in.
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

My biggest problem with lvs is: what do you do when your unique load
balancing machine fails? They suggest you put heartbeat, but that means
2 minutes failover delay (mean time) without service.

Better use carp (or ucarp if linux) in my mind, no need for the load
balancing server, better reliability and obviously faster switch (2s).
Especially if you use cisco switches which will add one more minute
(when not 15 minutes) delay to your heartbeat switching.

But I must admit being able to put a failover clamav server directly in
exim conf would be great. After all, it's possible to put more than one
SQL server.