Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Perkel
Aan: Bryan Rawlins
CC: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] av_scanner on multiple hosts - feature request?

Bryan Rawlins wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Thinking about how to do this. What I want to do is have more that one
>> host running clamav and have it so that if one is down you can have it
>> try a different host. Ideally it would be nice if you could put multiple
>> IP addresses on the av_scanner setting so that if the first failed to
>> connect you could try then next one(s).
>>

> Given current tools available I'd use LVS or one of it's children, since
> they give you the ability to load-balance and also have the ability to
> check if the service is responding built-in.
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

That's a good suggestion for another issue I'm working on but what I'm
trying to do in this case is have some geographic diversity. I had a
nasty problem 2 week ago where the main router at the data center where
most of my servers are went down for 14 hours and I was routing email
from my home server, and it wasn't pretty. I'm now playing with some VPS
solutions as part of my backup MX network. But VPS has limited ram and
working on ways to reduce the load by moving virus scanning to other
servers.