Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Robinson
Para: Deepak Kapoor
CC: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] which is better sendmail or exim
On 27/11/2006 13:24, Deepak Kapoor wrote:
> if we want to implement gmail type of email service which daemons do
> you suggest should be used for such type of service

If you want to implement a (primarily) webmail service, the webmail
software is going to cost you a lot more resources than anything else.

You shouldn't be asking "sendmail or exim" on the exim list (nor for
that matter the sendmail list). Both have their strengths (probably) but
you need an advocacy or discussion list or group, not a users group, for
a conversation like that.

If you want to implement a service on the scale of gmail, this list is
the wrong place to ask - you ought to be paying some serious
professionals large fees for helping you. On the other hand, this list
may help you find some useful people, if that's what you ask for.

Cheers,

John.