Re: [exim] message-id related spam filtering is rejecting my…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian P. Christian
Para: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] message-id related spam filtering is rejecting mymails...
Dave Evans wrote:
> Whichever SMTP client said "HELO James" is in the wrong for violation of
> RFC2821 (that command does not match the HELO command's syntax).

This was over authenticated SMTP, from an end user using outlook
express, whilst I know that's wrong i think it's pretty normal -
however, that's not the issue here, the issue is with the message-id and
not the HELO.

> If the message was outright rejected because of lack of an FQDN in the
> Message-ID, I wouldn't say that's /wrong/, but I would say it's inadvisable.

I'd like to draw attention to your message-id here:

It seems that message-id without a FQDN for the latter part is
reasonably common.

As far as I can tell, there is no exim option to replace message-id's
anyway, I understand it will add them if they are missing but that is
not the case here.