[exim] The Exim/Mailman integration HOWTO

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] The Exim/Mailman integration HOWTO
Reading the Mailman code, I wonder if the setup described in the HOWTO works
as intended. The thing is that, IIUC, the VERP-checking code in
Mailman.Queue.BounceRunner expects the address to check to be in To:,
Envelope-To:, Apparently-To:, or Envelope-To:. And envelope_to_add isn't set
on mailman_transport in the HOWTO. But Mailman has extensive bounce
recognition capabilities - in particular it recognises Exim's
X-Failed-Recipients header - so often it will work anyway.

The mailman_verp_smtp transport is unnecessary if the return_path setting is
moved to the errors_to setting of the mailman_verp_router. The headers_add
and headers_remove options can also be moved. It will additionally cause
VERPs to be used for locally-generated bounces, but as has already been noted
it doesn't matter since Mailman reads the X-Failed-Recipients header.

Now I'll try something more advanced with the lists. Let's see if you can
figure out what. :-)

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)