Re: [exim] Which acl_smtp_rcpt ACL variable holds the name/a…

Autor: paul.mcilfatrick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Which acl_smtp_rcpt ACL variable holds the name/address of our company mail relay?
> > Which acl_smtp_rcpt ACL variable holds the name/address of our
company
> > mail relay?
>
> I don't quite follow your question, but maybe you're after
> $sender_host_address (the IP address of the connecting
> client) and/or $sender_host_name (the DNS name of the
> connecting client).

Thanks for this information.

I have added a deny which uses these variables to the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL
so that these type of e-mails coming from the internet via our company
relay to our local MTA are rejected:

deny    sender_domains  =       +local_domains
        hosts           =       +company_relays
        message         =       From spoofed sender: '$sender_address'
coming from host: $sender_host_name [$sender_host_address] - discard!

Thanks

Paul McIlfatrick