Re: [exim] smtp auth

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Lightfoot
Para: jean-paul natola
CC: exim-users, Jason.Meers
Assunto: Re: [exim] smtp auth
On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:52:05PM -0500, jean-paul natola wrote:
    [...]

> If I can get smtp auth up and running on exim that can in theory help my
> particular case,however, correct me if i;m wrong, I would have to create a
> list of said field staff user id's and passwords to allow them to relay ?

yes, if that's the level of security you need. You could
have a single username and password if it fits your threat
model. Or you could have exim call out to the Exchange
server over its fast network link to authenticate,
assuming there's a convenient way to do that (e.g. you
could use something like smbclient to test users' Windows
passwords).

I take it Exchange itself doesn't support message
submission over authenticated SMTP?

--
```Our team was the worst in the First Division and I'm sure it'll be the worst
in the Premier League.'' [Sir Jack actually said] ``Our tea was the worst in