Re: [exim] smtp auth

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jean-paul natola
A: Jason.Meers
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] smtp auth

>>>I don't cover SMTP AUTH specifically in the paper, but I've been
>asked a few times about it recently.
>
>I've never needed to do this before because I explicitly trust my exim box.
>My firewall/DMZ rules wont allow any other host to connect directly to my
>exchange server for SMTP (now using scalix instead of exchange and would
>never go back).
>Could strong firewall/DMZ security provide an easier solution to your
>problem, by allowing you to just accept messages anonymously from a
>"trusted" host?

Well here's the situation, many of our field offices (with SLOW
connections, 14.4 28.8)
cannot feasibly use exchange RPC over http , so they use the SMTP of their
ISP, half of the stuff they attempt to send gets caught in the spam filters
due to the various factors-

If I can get smtp auth up and running on exim that can in theory help my
particular case,however, correct me if i;m wrong, I would have to create a
list of said field staff user id's and passwords to allow them to relay ?