Re: [exim] Custom user aliases

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jason Meers
Aan: Tom Wells, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Custom user aliases
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2006-11-22 at 14:42 +0200, Tom Wells wrote:
>> Alright, i did some searching for local_part_suffix and found a few
>> references but nothing too helpful! Where is the best place to find
>> documentation?
>
> The Exim Specification. Available as "spec.txt" somewhere in your
> installed package (I hope!) to make searching for strings really quick,
> or online as HTML, PDF, etc. <URL:http://www.exim.org/>, left frame,
> "Documentation and FAQs", then choose from stuff in the main frame.
>
> But you're probably better of using the .txt file and searching for
> "local_part_".
>
> Sections 3.12, 15, etc.
>
> Also the default Exim configuration file has the support for this in it,
> commented out, for userforward and localuser, to make it really easy to
> turn on.
>
> -Phil

The official documentation should be all you'll ever need, however I
agree it's not always easy knowing what to search for when you don't
actually know the name of the feature or command your searching for in
the first place.

Section 7, 15 and 46 might be helpful.

Always try the documentation on your system first, followed by the
official website, but failing that I keep a reasonably up-to-date copy
of all kinds of useful exim documentation at www.exim-new-users.co.uk

Use the search facility in the top corner, the best matches/exact
matches will be highlighted in yellow.

http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/15/39/
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/40/39/
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/72/39/