Re: [exim] smtp auth

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jason Meers
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: john.robinson, exim-users, jean-paul natola
Betreff: Re: [exim] smtp auth
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> For exim/exchange integration issues I suggest you look at Jason Meers'
> paper from the exim conference:-
>     http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/jason-meers.pdf

> (General info at http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/ )
>
>     Nigel.

> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

I don't cover SMTP AUTH specifically in the paper, but I've been asked a
few times about it recently.

I've never needed to do this before because I explicitly trust my exim
box. My firewall/DMZ rules wont allow any other host to connect directly
to my exchange server for SMTP (now using scalix instead of exchange and
would never go back).
Could strong firewall/DMZ security provide an easier solution to your
problem, by allowing you to just accept messages anonymously from a
"trusted" host?

These links might help:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_SMTP_Auth_Login.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823019/
Search the MS site for "SMTPConnectionsNote.doc"

If any of you get this working properly please send me the relevant
section of your exim config and exchange settings and I'll add them to
the paper.

Thanks
Jason_Meers
--