Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] re spamming
Chris Lear wrote:
> * Deepak Kapoor wrote (20/11/06 17:36):

> >> Some other program than exim is using up the bandwidth?
> > hi,
> > thanx for replying to my query peter, but the control panel direct
> > admin is showing that the bandwidth is used by the email, is it
> > possible that lot email is sent to that particular domain with
> > miscellaneous id which is bounced back that is counted towards the
> > bandwidth
>
> Wouldn't that show in the exim logs?

No, for some reason exim doesn't log the size of rejected mails,
so for instance if a message is rejected after data by an ACL, there
will be no size logged in mainlog unless the administrator specifically
does something like:

log_message = This message contains malware ($malware_name) S=$message_size for $recipients

For cases where the rejection may involve significant bandwidth.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich