Re: [exim] Exim4 & MySQL on Ubuntu 6.10 edgy

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Emilio Martin Alvarado
CC: Lista Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 & MySQL on Ubuntu 6.10 edgy
On 2006-11-21 at 21:38 -0300, Emilio Martin Alvarado wrote:
> Need to know if my installation supports mysql.

"exim -bV" reports details of what Exim supports.

> My installation was:
> sudo apt-get install exim4 exim4-base exim4-config
> If I don't have support how can I add it, maybe apt-get install
> exim4-daemon-heavy?

Ubuntu is Debian-derived and Debian do enough things differently from
the defaults that users are encouraged to look at their own OS's Exim
docs. For the Debian case, an incredible amount of work has been done
by the Debian Exim folks (Marc Haber et al) to provide decent
documentation and help.

Try:
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4>
http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4

if your own Debian-derived distribution's docs are not sufficiently
helpful.

More generally, exim-users can help with stuff about exim itself, but
not with any information about what any OS may or may not have done in
packaging it; especially if the OS makes Exim the default and a lot of
users are asking about stuff which has already been solved for them by
their OS's configuration management integration.

Regards,
-Phil