Re: [exim] smtp auth

Autor: jean-paul natola
A: renaud
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smtp auth

>jean-paul natola wrote:
> >
> > I use exim to pass my mail to an exchange server- I would like to
>implement
> > SMTP AUTH on my Exchange (as that is where the user database is ) but
>the
> > issue I have is that if I turn SMTP AUTH on my exchange it will STOP
> > accepting the messages from my Exim box.
>
>This is an exchange configuration issue.
>

> > So I would somehow like to convert the "hand-off" from exim to the
>Exchange
> > in the AUTH format
> >

>The best way would probably be to authenticate your users with the AD
>"kerberos database". But still, if you get into this just because your
>exchange configuration is wrong, I think you will encounter more
>problems than just fixing your exchange configuration in the first place.

I'm not sure what you mean by an Exhcnage issue, if I turn on SMTP AUTH it
works fineon Exhacnge , I redirect my firewall to the exchange box and it
works great, However, I do not want my SMTP traffic coming into my exchange
box, not till EXIM has "cleaned" it- I want Exchange to acknowledge the
connection from the BSD box as a SMTP AUTH connection