Re: [exim] customized defer/bounce messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Robinson
Para: Marten Lehmann
CC: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] customized defer/bounce messages
On 21/11/2006 14:09, Marten Lehmann wrote:
>> In any 'rejection-class' verb (i.e. a 'deny', NOT a warn)
>> use a structure of this general nature:

>>    deny
>>      message     = \n Defective server $acl_m3 has no PTR record\
>>                    \n $local_part@$domain refuses mail of unknown origin.

> well, this is fine at SMTP time. But how can I define a defer message as
> for internal forwarders (within the mailserver, once the message has
> been accepted)? I know that I can return a ":defer:" value, but then I
> cannot specify a defer message.

I think if you can say ":defer:" you could also say ":defer:Message" or
something similar, in much the same way as you can say ":fail:Message",
but it would only appear when some kind of DSN was generated later; if
you've already completed the SMTP transaction you've no other way of
getting the message outside of exim.

Cheers,

John.