Re: [exim] fclose() & getsockname() error pairs in paniclog

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Kreindler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] fclose() & getsockname() error pairs in paniclog
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, David Kreindler wrote:

> Is there a good way of preventing routine panic log entries like
> these? (We are running Exim 4.63 on AIX 5.3 and 5.2.)
>
>    Nov 20 10:22:17 mx1 exim[8781944]: daemon: fclose(smtp_out) failed:
> Broken pipe
>       Nov 20 10:22:17 mx1 exim[8781944]: getsockname() failed: Invalid
> argument

Maybe. In the ChangeLog for the next release there are these entries:

PH/03 On Solaris, an unexpectedly close socket (dropped connection) can
      manifest itself as EPIPE rather than ECONNECT. When tidying away a
      session, the daemon ignores ECONNECT errors and logs others; it
      now ignores EPIPE as well.

PH/35 The error "getsockname() failed: connection reset by peer" was
      being written to the panic log as well as the main log, but it
      isn't really panic-worthy as it just means the connection died
      rather early on. I have removed the panic log writing for the
      ECONNRESET error when getsockname() fails.

If the same applies to AIX, the answer might be "either wait for the
next release, or be brave and try running the latest snapshot". However,
PH/35 probably won't affect "invalid argument" - though I suspect it may
be a different manifestation of the same error.