Re: [exim] OT(?): 1und1 (Kundenserver) using unusable Envelo…

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] OT(?): 1und1 (Kundenserver) using unusable Envelope-From?
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Dave Evans wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 12:03:38AM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there anybody out, who could confirm that the German ISP 1und1 uses
> > quite useless sender addresses for relaying mails from its customers to
> > outside world?
>
> We've come across this too for kundenserver.de - we tell our customers that
> kundenserver have broken incoming and/or outgoing mail servers.

Regardless of that, several mailservers under kundenserver.de would
regularly appear on various blocklists, although I haven't noted that
being the case recently. I think they had a bad case of open relay at one
point. Not to mention that 1and1 have the most incompetent, robotic,
illiterate, rude, awkward and downright obstructive 'support' desk I have
ever had the sorry misfortune to deal with. I actively dissuade people
from having any involvement in any of their operations now.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK