Re: [exim] Exim & Greylisting

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim & Greylisting
Hello Vahric,

Vahric MUHTARYAN <vahric@???> (Mo 20 Nov 2006 23:22:46 CET):
> For fighting with spam, I want to try greylisting. it's look like very
> efficient system, I wonder are there anybody use greylisting with exim?
> and really get good result ?

I think there are a lot of well working solutions around (e.g. greylistd).

But as I liked to experiment with my own ideas I set up some really
simplistic greylisting (based on the sender IP) about 1½ weeks ago.
See http://www.schlittermann.de/doc/grey for mor information.

It seems to be efficient (in cpu cycles and in rejections), doesn't use
(currently) any database, it's just wasting file system resources (one
file per seen IP address. And it is easily adoptable to other
criterions (sender address, or sender + recipient(s) address).

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -