Re: [exim] MAX_INCLUDE_SIZE

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tom Kistner
To: Tom Daly
CC: John Robinson, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] MAX_INCLUDE_SIZE
Tom Daly wrote:

> So, Tom's suggestion fixes the problem, cool. Back to my original
> followup: is this the best way to do it? (using a redirect router with a
> large redirection file, having exim re-write envelope-from for VERP) Or
> should we be manually submitting each message to exim for delivery,
> pre-VERP'ed, etc?

Depends.

When Exim operates on a single message with ~100,000+ recipients,
delivery is completely serialized (since one message is only treated by
a single process).

On the other hand it would not make sense to overload the queue with
~100,000+ identical email headers/bodies.

The optimum would be to generate messages with ~100 RCPTs per copy
(preferably batched by recipient domain) and then fork a small herd of
queue runners (also ~100) to work on them.

So you end up with 100 processes working on 1000 mails with 100 RCPTs each.

/tom